Mason recognizes that success in your studies can depend on the support you get outside the classroom. That's why we have a dedicated unit, the Office of Military Services (OMS), to fulfill the unique needs of the military community.
Getting by with a Little Help from Your Friends
OMS works with members of Mason Nation to create and adapt strategies to help you achieve your academic and career goals while enhancing your college experience. We do that by offering:
- Free access to TimelyCare - a virtual health and well-being platform crafted specifically fro college students
- Free counseling services from professional clinical psychologists, social workers, counselors, learning specialists, and a psychiatrist through individual and group counseling, workshops, online self-help, and community education programs. Contact Counseling and Psychological Services at 703-993-2380.
- Disability services to ensure there are no physical obstacles to classrooms, access to resources, and mobility around campus. Contact the Office of Disability Services at 703-993-2474.
- Assistive technology services to provide assessment, training, and support to those with mobility and learning disabilities, and sensory (vision and hearing) impairments. Contact the Assistive Technology Initiative at 703-993-4329.
- Transition assistance to help you adapt to college life. Contact OMS Assistant Director T. Ryan Barnett at 703-993-2428.
- Communication assistance, alerting faculty and staff to issues about which they need to be aware.
- Streamlining the process of re-enrolling active-duty military students on their return from deployment.
If you need help connecting with someone to help you with any or all of these issues, contact OMS at 703-993-1316.