Montgomery GI Bill, Chapter 30

If you served on active duty for at least two years, you qualify for aid from this program, sometimes known as Chapter 30.

Despite the name, you don't currently have to be serving; you just need a record of service. You can generally apply for these benefits for up to 10 years after an honorable discharge, although there are exceptions.

If you qualify for this program, you can get up to 36 months of education benefits, paid monthly. There are several factors that affect benefits; the Office of Military Services (OMS) can help you find out what you'll get.

Chapter 30 assistance can be used for:

For a summary of information, the Department of Veterans Affairs provides the Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty pamphlet (PDF).

To find out more or if you need help, contact OMS at 703-993-2428.