Spouse Education and Career Opportunities

The Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) program provides up to $4,000 in financial assistance to eligible military spouses pursuing a license, certification, or associate’s degree in a qualifying field.

If you qualify for this program, the only certificates eligible are offered through Continuing and Professional Education. You will work directly with the registration and support team to develop an Education and Training Plan (E&TP) to submit to MyCAA for approval. Visit the MyCAA website for additional information.  

Information in your E&TP plan will include:

  • Your spouse's name.
  • Mason's address, phone number, and website.
  • Your academic program and type (associate's degree; certificate; license; GED/ESL).
  • Your program's duration.
  • Estimated start and completion dates.
  • Details of courses for which MyCAA funding may be used.
  • A list of possible electives, which may or may not qualify for MyCAA funding.

You'll need to set up a MyCAA Account Message Box, which is where you'll receive notification of approval, if granted.

Once your request for aid is approved, you'll need to request MyCAA financial assistance on a course-by-course basis before classes start.

If you have questions for MyCAA, contact a career coach at 1-800-342-9647. If you have questions for CPE, call 703-993-2109.